Thursday, June 25, 2009

Skywatch Friday

176/365: Today's Skywatch Friday post is in memory of Grover, our beloved "foster" French mastiff who died unexpectedly yesterday. He only lived with us when his "real" family was away, but he was a member of our family all the same. We were eagerly preparing for his annual July visit when we received the sad news. Dogs bring so much joy, but they break your hearts when they pass on.

A gentle 130-plus pound giant.


Best pals.



The photograph that appears on our July calender this year.

We'll miss you, big guy.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Grover's passing - they bring so much joy and then heartache when they travel on. Lovely tribute to a wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just love your photos..and especially Grover as well. How sad for you all. He looks so cute! Wha a lovely tribute you have paid him here.

    Love those labradors as well! I had a golden labby, who passed away aged 14 years last year and I still miss her. Our last one was a black labrador!

    ;-)

    Love the blub about your business...if I lived close by I would be over there in an instant to get you to help me out in my backyard. It is a MESS! Unfortunately I live in Australia. Have just returned from NYC visiting family for 3 months.

    We are neighbours on the skywatch sign-in page today! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your pal. You've made a lovely tribute on this Skywatch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIP Grover. I'm so sorry for your loss. Loved the first shot with the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a shame, thank you for sharing. Love the one with the tiny turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a pet. I love your photos of him, and your tribute to Grover.

    ReplyDelete